Thermal-Link & Fusing Resistor (TRXF) is an unique type of Power Resistor, with Over Temp. and Over Current Protections. The Alloy Thermal-Link (ATCO) is built in the core of Fusible Wirewound Resistor (RXF) and in series with RXF.
SETsafe | SETfuse TRXF has the same physical size as ordinary RXF as well as large fault current protection. Besides, TRXF can effectively solve the hidden danger of continuous abnormal heat that ordinary RXF may cause when small fault current happens.
Fusible Wirewound Resistor
A power resistor which is made by winding a resistive element on a ceramic core, and the core is coated by insulation coating. It intends to interrupt a current flow at a predetermined time when the current exceeds a predetermined value. Fusible Wirewound Resistor is disposable fuse elements and is non-recoverable.
Alloy Type Thermal-Link, Alloy is the thermal element.
Rated Functioning Temp.
The temperature of the Alloy Thermal-Link which causes it to change the state of conductivity with a detection current up to 10 mA as the only load.
Tolerance: Tf °C (GB/T 9816, EN 60691, K60691).
Tolerance: Tf ± 7 °C (J60691).
The temperature of the Alloy Thermal-Link which causes it to change its state of conductivity is measured with silicone oil bath in which the temperature is increased at the rate of 0.5 °C to 1 °C / minute, with a detection current up to 10 mA as the only load.
The d.c. or a.c. r.m.s. voltage calculated from the square root of the product of the rated resistance and the rated dissipation.
The Max. power of TRXF can be used within the allowable operating Temp. range.
Resistance value for which the resistor has been designed, and which is generally used for denomination of the resistor.
Temp. Coefficient of Resistance
Relative variation of resistance between two given temp. divided by the difference in the temp. producing it.
● Power Supply
● General Lighting
● Power Strip
● Personal Care Application
● Smart Home
● Security & Protection
View Product Structure, Principle, Application Video
SETsafe | SETfuse Quality Policy
Provide Industry-Leading Products
Select critical raw materials: Must be from a manufacturer with quality management system (ISO9001, IATF16949) certification.
1. If product TCR is not less than 350 (10-6/°C), the measured resistance value shall be corrected as the relative resistance valueunder 25 °C according to TCR formula.
2. Resistance Measurement (4-terminal test)
As TRXF is a non-resettable product, for safety sake, please use the same type of TRXF for replacement.
1. Do not touch the resistor body or pins directly when power is on, to avoid burn or electric shock.
2. When air pressure is from 80 kPa to 106 kPa, the relative altitude shall be +2000 m to - 500 m.
1. Please store TRXF with ambient temp. 10 °C ~ 30 °C and relative humidity 30% ~ 75%.
2. Do not store the TRXF at the high temperature, high humidity or corrosive gas environment, avoid influencing the solderability ofthe pins, please use them up within 1 year after receiving the goods.
Wave Soldering Parameters (For Reference Only)
The Wave Soldering Parameters are for reference only, before TRXF is for practice usage, relative validation is recommended.