Surge protective devices (SPDs) are designed to meet requirements for UL 1449 Forth Edition and IEC/EN 61643-11. They are DIN-rail mountable featuring a fail-safe protection, visual indicator and remote signal contact. It has a good environmental adaptability and meets the requirements of high reliability in important field.
8/20 Current Impulse
Current impulse with a nominal virtual front time of 8 µs and a nominal time to half-value of 20 µs. ---- IEC 61643-11
1.2/50 Voltage Impulse
Voltage impulse with a nominal virtual front time of 1.2 µs and a nominal time to half-value of 50 µs. ---- IEC 61643-11
Maximum Continuous Operating Voltage
Maximum r.m.s. voltage, which may be continuously applied to the SPD's mode of protection. ---- IEC 61643-11
Nominal Discharge Current
Crest value of the current through the SPD having a current waveshape of 8/20 µs. ---- IEC 61643-11
Impulse Discharge Current for Class I Test
Crest value of a discharge current through the SPD with specified charge transfer Q and specified energy W/R in the specified time.
---- IEC 61643-11
Maximum Discharge Current
Crest value of a current through the SPD having an 8/20 µs waveshape and magnitude according to the manufacturers specification. Imax is equal to or greater than In.
Modes of protection
An intended current path, between terminals that contains protective components, e.g. line-to-line, line-to-earth, line-to-neutral, neutral-to-earth. ---- IEC 61643-11
Voltage Protection Level
Maximum voltage to be expected at the SPD terminals due to an impulse stress with defined voltage steepness and an impulse stress with a discharge current with given amplitude and waveshape. ---- IEC 61643-11
Short Circuit Current Rating
The suitability of an SPD for use on an AC power circuit that is capable of delivering not more than a declared rms symmetrical current at a declared voltage during a short circuit condition. ----UL 1449
Degrees of Protection Provided by Enclosure (IP Code)
Classification preceded by the symbol IP indicating the extent of protection provided by an enclosure against access to hazardous parts, against ingress of solid foreign objects and possibly harmful ingress of water. ----IEC 60529
A non-resettable device incorporating a THERMAL ELEMENT which will open a circuit once only when exposed for a sufficient length of time to a temperature in excess of that for which it has been designed. ----IEC 60691
Alloy Type Thermal-Link, Alloy is the thermal element.
● AC Power Supplies
● New Energy
● Residential Building
● Internet Data Center (IDC)
● Industrial Control
SETsafe | SETfuse Quality Policy
Provide Industry-Leading Products
Select critical raw materials: Must be from a manufacturer with quality management system (ISO9001, IATF16949) certification.
2. The voltage applied continuously to the SPD must not exceed its maximum continuous operating voltage Uc.
3. When atmosphere press is from 45 kPa to 106 kPa, the related altitude shall be from 5000 m to 0 m.
4. Do not touch the product body or wires directly when power is on, to avoid electric shock.
As SPD is a non-repairable product, for safety sake, please use the same type of SPD for replacement.
Do not store SPD at high temperature, high humidity or corrosive gas environment, to avoid oxidation of the wires. Use them up within 1 year after receiving the goods.
1. Installation and startup may only be carried out by qualified personnel. The relevant country-specific regulations must be observed.
2. Check the device for external damage before installation. If the device is defective, it must not be used.
3. Pay attention to risk of electric shock. Please cutoff all electrical power before installation or service.
4. Lay the output cables to the surge protective devices (SPDs) as short as possible, without loops.
5. Please install proper backup protection devices in front of SPD.
6. Do not apply mechanical stress to the SPD body during or after the installation.
1. Check SPD status according to instructions before and after the thunderstorm season each year.
2. If the indicator of "failure state" appears, the SPD is damaged. Replace the SPD with same type.
3. Ensure electrical connections and mountings are correct before energizing the circuit.
4. SPD`s quality is well controlled and strictly inspected before delivery. If non-functional ones are found during operation, please contact us early enough.
SETsafe | SETfuse
SPD(Low-voltage Power Systems) Catalog
SPD Business Partner Wanted!
We are specialists in the design and manufacturing SPD products. If you are looking for OEM or ODM support, please contact us.
SETsafe | SETfuse
SETsafe | SETfuse was established in 2000 in Xiamen P.R.China, Mission " PROVIDING A TOTAL SOLUTION FOR HIGH STANDARD SAFETY CIRCUIT PROTECTION ". We have a presence in more than 40 countries recognising our products. Some of the world's 500 fortune companies are our valuable customers. We have pioneered, innovated & developed several products exclusively. Products are compliance with UL, cUL, VDE, TUV, PSE, KC, CCC, IATF 16949, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, RoHS, REACH certificates. We are in one of the core participating teams for revising and setting several national & international standards in the field of Circuit Protection.
SETsafe | SETfuse Key Markets：Telecom, Surge Protector, Power, New Energy, Lighting, Home Appliances, Mobile Devices, Medical.