idea Thermal-Link (iTCO) consist mainly of Thermal Element, Flux Resin, Electrode and Feed Heater(FH), sealed in plastic or ceramic housings. The two electrodes are connected with the thermal element of the fusing elements as electrical connections with passive temperature-sensing fusing actions. At the same time, a Feed Heater (FH) with independent over-temperature protection is built-in to heat up the thermal element, provide sufficient heat to the fuse & cut off the electrical connection points. In accordance with requirements, auxiliary remote trigger signals can be added to provide switching signals. Covers rated current (20 to 200) A, rated cut-off temperature (102 to 150) °C, compliances with RoHS, REACH requirements.
A non-resettable device incorporating a THERMAL ELEMENT which will open a circuit once only when exposed for a sufficient length of time to a temperature in excess of that for which it has been designed.
Alloy Type Thermal-Link, Alloy is the thermal element.
After receiving control signals to fuse the protector.
Electric appliances that use electric energy to achieve heating effect.
All conductive components used in switching devices for closing or disconnecting circuits in a circuit.
In addition to the main circuit, all conductive parts of the switching apparatus used in the access circuit as the closing operation and / or opening operation of the switching apparatus.
The current used to classify an iTCO, which is the Maximum current that iTCO allows to carry and is able to cut off the circuit safely.
The voltage used to classify an iTCO, which is the Maximum voltage that iTCO allows to carry and is able to cut off the circuit safely.
Rated Functioning Temp.
The temperature of the Thermal-Link which causes it to change the state of conductivity with a detection current up to
10 mA as the only load.
Tolerance: Tf 0 / -10 °C (GB 9816, EN 60691, K60691).
Tolerance: Tf ± 7 °C (J60691).
The temp. of the iTCO which causes it to change its state of conductivity is measured with silicone oil bath in which the temp. is increased at the rate of ( 0.5 to 1) °C /minutes, with a detection current less than 10 mA as the only load.
The Maximum temp. at which a iTCO will not change its state of conductivity when conducting rated current for 168 h.
Maximum Temp. Limit
The temp. of the iTCO stated by the manufacturer, up to which the mechanical and electrical properties of the iTCO having changed its state of conductivity, will not be impaired for a given time.
● Battery Control Unit Fail Protection
● High Power Solid State Relays
● PTC Heaters
SETsafe | SETfuse Quality Policy
Provide Industry-Leading Products
Select critical raw materials: Must be from a manufacturer with quality management system (ISO9001, IATF16949) certification.
1. When atmosphere pressure is from 80 kPa to 106 kPa, the related altitude shall be from 2000 meter to - 500 meter.
2. Operating voltage less than rated voltage of iTCO, operating current less than rated current of iTCO.
3. Do not touch the iTCO body or leads directly when power is on, to avoid burn or electric shock.
Mechanical Connection MC
1. The product surface must not be damaged.
2. If adding terminals to electrode leads, make sure the electrode without grease or other foreign matters, and use the same cross-section connection terminal, otherwise the electrode may heat abnormally.
3. If locking with screw, to prevent loosening, please add gasket and use proper screw when installing the product. Ensure that the screw tightening torque meets the requirements.
1. Soldering should be carried out under the soldering conditions listed in table-1.
2. Feed heater and remote signal CC contain thermal element , improper soldering operation (too high soldering temperature , too long soldering time, too short lead wire etc.) may cause CC to open in advance.
3. When soldering conditions are more severe than those listed in table-1 , a heat sink fixture should be used between solder point and iTCO body.
TABLE-1 Hand - Soldering Time (s)
Cold Resistance Test
1. If product TCR is not less than 350 E (-6) / °C and the test ambient temperature is during 15 °C to 35 °C, the measured resistance value shall be corrected as the relative resistance value under 25 °C according to TCR formula.
2. Resistance Measurement (4-wire).
iTCO is the non-resettable product, for safety sake, please use the same type of iTCO for replacement.
Please store the iTCO without high temperature , high humidity or corrosive gas. To avoid influencing the solder-ability of the leads and influencing contact resistance, please use them up within 1 year after receiving the goods.
SETsafe | SETfuse
idea Thermal-Link (iTCO) Catalog
SETsafe | SETfuse was established in 2000 in Xiamen, China. We have a presence in more than 40 countries recognising our products. Some of the world's 500 fortune companies are our valuable customers. We have pioneered, innovated & developed several products exclusively. Products are compliance with CCC, UL, cUL, VDE, TUV, PSE, KC, IATF 16949, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, RoHS, REACH certificates. We are in one of the core participating teams for revising and setting several national & international standards in the field of Circuit Protection.
SETsafe | SETfuse Key Markets：Telecom, Surge Protector, Power, New Energy, Lighting, Home Appliances, Mobile Devices, Medical.